IMAGE CREDIT: Drew Angerer/Getty Images North America
Jason Miller, who had been tapped as President-Elect Trump’s Director of Communications, has decided to decline the offer, instead choosing to spend time with his family.
“After spending this past week with my family, the most amount of time I have been able to spend with them since March 2015, it is clear they need to be my top priority right now and this is not the right time to start a new job as demanding as White House communications director,” Miller said in a statement to POLITICO. “My wife and I are also excited about the arrival of our second daughter in January, and I need to put them in front of my career.”
Sean Spicer, who had been tabbed as White House Press Secretary, will also serve as the Communications Director, although it isn’t clear if he will have the position permanently, or if it will be just temporary until they can find someone else to fill the position.
Miller, 41, reportedly told the transition team on Friday night of his decision.